Monday, February 27, 2017

What's in my Travel Make-up Bag?

Hey Lovelies,


On a recent work trip I took some pictures of the make-up I've brought with me. I was trying to pack light since it was more of a formal business trip so I didn't need too many drastic or smokey shades. On the other hand, I find it important to have my essentials with me all the time so that I can make myself at home wherever I am. 

Here are (almost) all the make-up items from my make-up bag:



I usually travel with my Charlotte Tilburry make-up bag which I absolutely adore, I love to look at the lip prints on it. For my base I chose to bring The Porefessional by Benefit and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Compact foundation, which is great for drier skintypes and a very trusty travel companion because of the packaging. I'd never leave without Studio Finish Concealer by MAC as it would be really embarrassing to attend a business event with a huge imperfection on my face, and this concealer covers everything. For under-eye concealer I had Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in my bag, which I really enjoy recently, although I have to confess, I usually use it together with my Bobbi Brown Corrector, which this time, I totally left at home. For my powder, I took my travel size Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, but I also had a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in my purse (not photographed). For cheek color and finishing powders, of course I brought my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit palette. My current holy grail contour product is by NARS, I use the Contour Blush in the shade Olympia. 

For my eyes, I brought the eyeshadows from the LORAC Pro To Go palette: I know it sounds cruel but I actually cut this palette in two, since I never reached for the blushers and I only kept the eyeshadows... I also had two shades from Rouge Bunny Rouge with me but they are not photograped here. For my eye base, I chose MAC 24 Hours Extended Eye Base, which never lets me down. I had my current favorite mascara with me, which is In Extreme Dimension by MAC. I really like the lenghtening and separating effect it's giving me. And of course, I would never leave the house without gel liner: I brought my all-time favorite Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink. The brow product I brought was also by Bobbi Brown, I really enjoy her Perfectly Defined Brow Pencil. I also packed a brow gel, in this case one from Maybelline.

For my lips, I didn't want to bring anything too edgy: a nice, comfortable nude and a red is more than enough. I thins NARS lipstick in Dolce Vita is such a forgotten and underestimated color, it's a beautiful my-lips-but-better shade and it has a nice sheen to it, which makes it very easy to wear. I had two options for red: MAC Russian Red and NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl. In the end, I only wore Dragon Girl, which was a lot easier to pull off. 



I had a few more items in my make-up bag, such as eyeliner and lipliner but they are not in the picture. I'm not listing my brushes, I don't like to travel with the brushes I use at home, so I mainly brought Real Techniques ones. Are you guys interested in a travel skincare products as well?

What are your favorite products to travel with? 

xoxo
Petra



No comments:

Post a Comment