Thursday, March 10, 2016

Review of the NARS Audacious Mascara


Hey Lovelies,

  With some recent purchase from Sephora, I received a deluxe sample size of the Nars Audacious Mascara, which I've been really curious about ever since it launched. My only experience with Nars mascaras was a disappointment, years ago I tried the Larger Than Life Mascara, which is now discontinued I believe. It was a horrific experience, it basically did nothing to my lashes, maybe covered them in black but it was lacking real lenghtening or volumising effect. I've read some good reviews of the new mascara though, so the deluxe sample seemed like a great occasion to give it a try.





 It is clearly performing much better than the previous mascara by Nars, but honestly, I'm not woowed from the effect. The rubber bristles are great at separating the lashes and in two coats, it's giving me a noticeable effect, but it's nowhere near my current mascara love, the Faux Cils by YSL. If you prefer more natural looking, nicely defined lashes, this might be a great one for you.

Me wearing the NARS Audacious mascara


My make-up on the picture above: 
Eyes: MAC Prep and Prime 24 Hours Extend Base, MAC Eyeshadows in Brule and Kid, Benefit High Brow, Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink, NARS Audacious Mascara, Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, Eyeko Brow Gel
Face: MUFE Step 1 Mattifying Primer, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in 2, Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone Corrector in 2, MAC Studio Finish Concealer, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light, YSL Face Powder in Gipsy Opale, Burberry Light Glow Blush in Earthy, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure
Lips: MAC Lip liner in Half Red, Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita


Overall verdict: The Nars Audacious Mascara is great for an everyday look, if you enjoy your lashes defined, you should certainly give it a try! If you like more dramatic lashes, you can skip this one.

Which mascara do you love?

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment