Thursday, February 5, 2015

Review of Estee Lauder Pure Color Eye Trio in Amber Alloy

Hey Lovelies,

On a recent visit to my local Estee Lauder store, as I was chatting with the SA, I realized that, while I always had a lot of interest in their skincare, I have overlooked their make-up products. My knowledge is basically limited to the fact that the Doublewear foundation is very popular. So I started experimenting with some eyeshadows. I wanted to pick up something foolproof and when the SA showed me this eye trio, I knew, I've found my pick. 





Of course, this trio fits perfectly in my natural, more nude make-up philosophy. Amber Alloy contains a frosty light beige, a frosty pinkish light brown and a frosty dark brown. The colors are on the cooler side, but they are also all very subtle and rather on the sheer side. That is not a problem for me, since lately I prefer a sheer coverage, but if you are looking for whoa crazy pigmentation, you may want to skip this trio. I do like it a lot though, my only complaint is that all three colors are a frost finish, and I think a matte crease color, or liner color would've been a nice addition. 


I do like the packaging, it's a nice plastic compact (quite prone for collecting fingerprints though). It would make a great product to bring along for a weekend out, when you are not planning to go crazy about your make-up looks. 

Here are the swatches (over UDPP):

Estee Lauder Amber Alloy Pure Color Trio

And this is how it applied on my lids:


Me wearing Amber Alloy eyeshadows

FYI the rest of my make-up:
Eyes: UD Primer Potion in Sin; Estee Lauder Eye Trio in Amber Alloy; Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink; Clinique High Impact Mascara; MAC Brow Fluidline in Dirty Blonde
Face: Bobbi Brown BB Cream in Fair; Benefit Erase Paste in Light; MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC20; Bobbi Brown Skin Powder Foundation in 2.5 Warm Sand; Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink
Lips: Rouge G de Guerlan L'Extrait in Paresse

Overall, I think this trio would work best for those of you, who prefer a subtle, more natural look and don't have a ton of other palettes. If you already have a bigger collection, you are not going to find the colors unique enough to justify the price. But if you're looking for a compact little thing to pick up for a weekend out, you may want to check this out!

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment