Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Review of Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Crushed Plum

Hey Lovelies,

   Today I'm reviewing one of my recent purchases, the Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Crushed Plum. I've been looking for a more vampy, darker winter shade and I've read some bloggers rave about this color, so I decided to give it a try. It must be a popular color, because at my local Bobbi Brown counter, this was the only lipstick shade which was sold out. However, I managed to hunt it down in the end, and I'm so happy I did!

Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Crushed Plum

This is my first lipstick from Bobbi Brown, and this is from their matte line. I have to say, this is hands down the best matte lipstick I have ever owned! It goes on so smooth, it's not drying and has great pigmentation.



The color is a red based berry shade, and it makes a perfect choice for wintertime. It didn't bleed on me at all, even when I used it without a lipliner. The closest shade in my collection is Afghan Red by NARS (which is more sheer and a touch lighter), but I also swatched Rebel by MAC next to it, although Rebel is a lot more purple based. 

NARS Afghan Red (left), Bobbi Brown Crushed Plum (middle), MAC Rebel (right)

Me wearing Crushed Plum

FYI the rest of my make-up on the picture above: 
Eyes: UDPP, MAC Sumptuous Olive (lid), Wedge (crease), Brule (highlight&blend), Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara; Face: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Compact Foundation, Benefit Erase Paste, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, KIKO Soft Touch Blush in 104

Overall, I'm really happy that I finally have this lippie in my arsenal now and I'm sure I will use it a lot in the months to come! 

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment