Thursday, January 29, 2015

My Skincare Routine

Hey Lovelies, 

  I've been meaning to do this post forever, but I always let some new and shiny make-up distract my attention from the skincare topic. However, now I finally put it together, I hope you find this helpful!


I've been using the same products for a long time now, I find that this routine works really well for me. I have normal skin, in wintertime it leans more dry and in summer I get a little oily in my T-zone. I'm quite lucky that my skin is not particularly problematic, but I guess that's also because I try to take good care of it. I'm turning 31 this year so obviously age preventing is one of my main goals. However, since my skin is in pretty good shape, I don't use a ton of anti-aging products. Something I've noticed that people usually don't consider is that your skin is an organ, so if you're not healthy on the inside, you will totally be able to tell from the skin. Hydratation from the inside is key, it doesn't matter how fancy creams you're using if you don't drink enough water. And of course sunscreen is a must, the only reason why I didn't add it to this list is because we barely ever see the sun in wintertime where I live. :)


Morning routine


My morning routine is pretty simple, I wash my face with my Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser and I use  my Caudalie Beauty Elixir as my toner. I love love love the Beauty Elixir, I have been using it religiously for years now! (let me know if you'd like a separate post on it!) Then I follow with my hydratating cream. Right now I'm using the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion, which is a pretty basic product but you can combine it with serums really well. For my eye area, I'm using Clinique's Superdefense Age Defense Eye Cream. I really enjoy this one, it's slightly tinted so it immediately helps with under-eye darkness. As the last step I use Kiehl's Lip Balm on my lips and then I follow with my make-up.

Evening routine


The first step of my evening routine is obviously removing all make-up from my face. My favorite product for that is Bioderma, I have been using it for a really long time now and I would totally recommend it to anyone. Then I wash my face, I use my Clarisonic with a foaming face wash, right now I'm using Dior's Purifying Foaming Cleanser


In case you are wondering, my Clarisonic is the shade Leblon, I believe it was limited edition when I got it. 


After I'm done with cleansing, I spray some Beauty Elixir on my face and I follow with Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I really enjoy this face oil, you can mix it with other creams too, but I find that it works great on my skin when used alone. For my eye area, I use the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, which is one of my all-time favorite eye creams. You can also use it as an eye mask if applied heavier. 

Additional care


Once or twice a week, I like to treat my skin with some extra love. For the cleansing part, I like Volcanic Ash Exfoliator by MAC, it contains sugar crystals and it leaves my skin really fresh and my pores unclogged. I have recently discovered Glamglow products, there was a deluxe sample of the Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment in my Sephora gift bag and I absolutely fell in love with it! I additionally use Bioderma Sensibio Soothing Cream, especially in wintertime, when my skin feels very dry.


My favorite hydratating mask is Flower Gel Express by Sisley, it simply makes my skin glow. I know it is a luxury item but it's worth every penny! I also like the Caudalie Moisturizing Cream Mask, it's a more affordable product and my skin loves it in wintertime. And if I get a blemish on my face sometime, I put a tiny bit of the Murad Acne Spot Treatment on it and it will heal really fast!


Last but not least are my two favorite make-up removers. I've already mentioned Bioderma, but for more stubborn make-up looks I use my MAC Cleanse-off Oil.

This wraps up my skincare routine! What are your must-have skincare items?

Petra


Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I've purchased all products with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment