Thursday, January 22, 2015

Comparison of Urban Decay Sin and Sellout Eyeshadows

Hey Lovelies,

Have you guys noticed that we are usually attracted to the same or at least similar things? I have dozens of dresses which look almost the same, I've always been attracted to similar types of men, and, in eyeshadows, I'm all about neutral, peachy-pinky-beige basic shades. This post started out as a comparison of Urban Decay Sin and Sellout eyeshadows, but then I decided to add their sister from the MAC line, Naked Lunch, to the party as well.


MAC Naked Lunch (left) Urban Decay Sellout (middle) and Sin (right)

Sellout is my number-one, all time favorite eyeshadow! Words probably fail to describe my passion for this shade. It's a frosty champagne shade which leans more beige in my opinion. This shade brightens your look like nobody's business, it makes my eyes pop, I look awake and fresh when I have it on. I especially love it layered on Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin, they work fantastic together. Sin is a  similar shade, but a touch darker IMO. Urban Decay describes it a champagne but on the swatch it looks a bit more pinkish. Naked Lunch is one of MAC's best selling shades and I can totally see why it's so popular. It's a peachy champagne shade, more similar to Sellout, but as you can see from the swatch above, the formulation of MAC eyeshadows is inferior to the super soft and pigmented Urban Decay formula.


All three of these eyeshadows are great basic, everyday shades, it will just depend on your personal preferences which one you chose. I hope this post was helpful to those of you who are hesitating between them!

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment