Thursday, December 11, 2014

Review of Chanel Ombres Contraste Duo in Taupe Delicat

Hey Lovelies, 

The number one law in my make-up philosophy is that a girl can never have enough neutrals! Just like the search for the perfect little black dress, the search for a great neutral duo/trio/quad/palette is never over. I have always had a weakness for Chanel products, I love how classy and elegant they are. I was on the look for an eyeshadow duo that I could bring with me for a weekend off, and would give me just a basic, polished look. I've been eying with 40 Misty-Soft as well, but then decided to go with the more classical 20 Taupe-Delicat

Chanel Ombres Contraste Duo in 20 Taupe-Delicat


It comes with regular Chanel packaging, a small velvet pouch and you are getting a sponge applicator and a small brush in the case. The brush is actually not horrible, I kept mine for emergency touch-up situations. The shadows are great quality, very creamy and nicely pigmented. The colors are not extremely unique but of course that's not what I expected from this duo.


As you can see from the swatch, the darker shade is matte (or maybe more of a satin), while the lighter one is a frost. The lighter color is not as pigmented as the darker one, but that's not really a problem, you can create a more subtle look with it or boost the color with a tinted primer, like I did below. I wanted the light color to pop, so I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin to create this look:

Me wearing Taupe-Delicat

Overall, I'd say if you are looking for a very basic, no brainer kind of everyday duo (and Chanel is in your budget), certainly check this one out, you will love it!

Which Chanel duos do you recommend I should try next?

Petra




No comments:

Post a Comment