Friday, December 19, 2014

Review of Bobbi Brown Nude On Nude Palette

Hey Lovelies,

The Nude On Nude Palette by Bobbi Brown has been around for a while now, and though I've been immediately attracted to it, I only got it with the Sephora VIB sale in November. I've been putting off purchasing this palette because it's on the pricier side (it retails for 65$) and to be honest, it doesn't contain anything revolutionary or very unique. However, you can never have enough neutrals so in the end I grabbed this little gem!


The palette comes with a card containing some of Bobbi's tips for use and you also get a complimentary make-up lesson at your local Bobbi Brown counter as Bobbi's treat!



These are the 12 shades in the palette:

Bobbi Brown Nude On Nude Palette (natural light)

Bobbi Brown Nude On Nude Palette (with flash)
top row left to right: Ivory, Chiffon, Golden Pink, Graphite
middle row left to right: Gold, Naked, Nude Beach, Birch
lower row left to right: Smoky Topaz, Truffle, Golden Bronze, Espresso

When I opened the box and started playing around with the palette, my first impressions were a bit mixed. You are getting 5 matte shades (Ivory, Naked, Birch, Truffle, Espresso), 4 metallic eyeshadows (Golden Pink, Nude Beach, Smoky Topaz, Golden Bronze) and 3 sparkle shadows (Chiffon, Graphite, Gold). The mattes are absolutely gorgeous (maybe Ivory is less pigmented -you can barely see the swatch- but you can still get it work) and the sparkle shadows, well, they are sparkle shadows. I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I know that they are not meant to have crazy pigmentation, they should always be used on top of some other shadow to make it, well, sparkly. Now on to the metallic shadows, Nude Beach and Smoky Topaz are my favorite shades from the palette, they are absolutely stunning lid colors and have a great formula! However, Golden Pink and Golden Bronze are the shades that I like least from here, I find their formulation to be rather chunky, they remind me of MAC lustre shadows, which are not my favorites either.

Here are swatches of all the shades on top of UDPP:
(the first picture has a bit different coloring because when I took it, we still had some sunshine)

Ivory, Chiffon, Golden Pink, Graphite

Gold, Naked, Nude Beach, Birch

Smoky Topaz, Truffle, Golden Bronze, Espresso

After having had this palette for a while now, I have to say that even if there are a few less usable shades in here, I absolutely love this! You can create so pretty everyday looks with this palette and I can't emphasize enough that the matte shades work and blend like a dream! If I want the metallic shades to pop, I layer them on Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin (this is my favorite way of wearing them).

Overall, I really like this palette and I totally recommend that you get this! If you love neutrals just like me, you will use it a lot!

I have used this palette to create a make-up of the day here!

Petra


Disclaimer: this is not a sponsored post. I bought the palette with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment