Sunday, November 30, 2014

November favorites

Hey Lovelies,

  I've discovered and starting playing with quite a few new products this month, so I decided it's the perfect time to make a monthly favorites post. Not all of the products I'm including here are necessarily new, some of them are all-time favorites for the season. I'm only writing about my make-up favorites now, if I included skincare items too, this post would never end. 

Eyes



The Naked 2 Basics is my latest gem in my collection and I have to say, Urban Decay is keep surprising me! I always believe that it's impossible to find out more twists to the Naked line, and yet, they always manage with brilliant results. I got the Naked 2 Basics along with quite a few more products from Urban Decay and I love all of them! Sellout eyeshadow was already in my collection (in the Fun Palette) but I love this color so much that I had to get the pan form! And it works beautiful with Eyeshadow Primer in Sin, it's the perfect neutral everyday eyeshadow combo! The only non Urban Decay item in this section is my Anastasia Lavish Eyeshadow Palette, which was limited edition last year, but Anastasia recently started selling single eyeshadows and you can get some of these individually. 


My favorite combo from the Lavish Palette is Cream all over my lid, Orange Soda in the crease and Siena in the outer V. It's a super simple, warm look that is appropriate for all occasions. 

Blushers


I've been keeping my cheeks more on the subtle side lately, and I don't think I have touched any other blush that the ones above. When I use the Lavish Palette, I always match it with Nars Gina, a beautiful, warm orangey coraly shade. The rest of them, Nars Deep Throat, Bobbi Brown Blushed and NYX Dusty Rose I used along with the Naked 2 Basics and they are all fantastic! Blushed is not listed any longer on the Bobbi Brown website, I'm wondering if it's discontinued? However, if you still can, get your hands on this shade, it's the perfect brownish pink with a very decent shimmer. 

Lips


I've been mainly into nude lip looks lately, my absolute favorite is Rush by Urban Decay. It's a  very glossy brownish pink, super easy to match with anything. When I want to spice up my look a little, I've been loving the The Body Shop Color Crush Lipstick in 335. It's a darker rosy shade, still quite nude on my lips and the formula is really great, reminds me of the cremations by MAC. And last, for warmer looks I've been loving Chanel Lip Pencil in Peche combined with KIKO Kiss Balm in Apricot. The Kiss Balms are very sheer and glossy, really nice and hydratating, and you can totally amp up the color with a lip liner. 

Nails


I discovered the new nail polish formula by The Body Shop this month, and Crimson Kiss and Gorgeous Berry are my absolute favorite ones! You can read further about them here

Lastly, I'm inserting some photos of my wearing some of the combos I've mentioned above:

Eyes: Lavish Palette; Blush: Nars Gina; Lips: Belladonna 2 by Melt

Eyes: Sin Eyeshadow Base, Sellout Eyeshadow, Naked 2 Basics; Blush: Bobbi Brown Blushed; Lips: Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Plushest Punch

I hope you've all had a fantastic month! Let me know what your favorites were!

Petra






No comments:

Post a Comment