Thursday, March 27, 2014

Recent Haul: Urban Decay, Real Techniques, Beautenizer, Elf

Hey Lovelies,

Sorry for being absent for a while, my life has been rather hectic lately, but of course that wouldn't change my passion for beauty related things. I've done some shopping lately and I'm devoting this post for some first impressions that I share with you. It's not a crazy amount of make-up, rather just a few products that caught my attention. Here are my newest babies:

From left to right: Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush, Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki Brush, Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Crayon, DJV Beautenizer Fiberwig LX Mascara


I'm going to start with the products that I've already used in action, the Real Techniques brushes. I got the Retractable Kabuki Brush and the Silicone Liner Brush. The Retractable Kabuki Brush is got nice, it's standard RT quality, very soft synthetic fibers. I like retractable brushes for my handbag, this one will certainly become one of my make-up bag essentials. You could use this brush for a bunch of things, apply powder, bronzer or blush with, and I also used it to soften my blush when it looked to vivid and it worked great. Now as much as I like the Kabuki Brush, the Silicone Liner Brush is pretty much a fail for me. I've tried it with my well-loved Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and it was a struggle to achieve an acceptable look with it. My reason for getting this brush was rather curiosity, since I've already found my go-to eyeliner brush, which is the Louise Young LY23. The Silicone Liner Brush was hard to work with and didn't make drawing the flick any easier. I expected that this brush would be great for adding glitter on top of your liner, or even using a glittery liner, but it picks up so little product that it's just not worth struggling with. 

I finally got the Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray, which everybody raves about and I can finally understand why. Although I have used it only a couple times so far, it feels really nice on the skin, it wasn't drying at all and made my look more well put together. Maybe some of you already know, UD setting sprays are produced by Skindinavia, so no wonder they are excellent. 

I also got the E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Waterproof Eyeliner Crayon in Champagne and although I have yet to try it on my lids, I hate it already. It's chunky, far from being creamy and quite dry. If you guys are interested, I might update this post with the results of actually using it, but I honestly doubt that I would ever get to like this product. 

Last but not least, I purchased the DJV Beautenizer Fiberwig LX Mascara. I have not yet opened it but the description promises dramatical lengthening and easy removal. I'm actually really excited about this mascara, I will certainly post a review about it!

So have you done any shopping recently? :)

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment