Friday, February 14, 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Review and Swatches

Hey Lovelies,

I know I'm probably the last person on this planet to get the Naked 3, but I've been going back and forth for a really long time about it. Do I really need this? Is it different enough from the rest of the Naked palettes to justify getting another eyeshadow palette? And after the long struggle -which obviously resulted in me deciding to get it- it also took my palette quite some time to get here. Urban Decay is rather hard to find in Central Europe -actually, it's not available in stores, you can order from some websites, but it's not a widespread brand here. My best friend, who lives in the States, bought it for me and his mom was supposed to bring it home for me, but she forgot to, so my friend had to post it and it seemed to take for it forever to get here. In any case, it's finally arrived and I now can play around with it all I want. 




The packaging is similar to the Naked 2, it's a hard plastic case, this time with rose gold letters on it. I still prefer the packaging of the original Naked Palette though, even if I have cursed the velvet , dust collecting material several times. You are getting with the palette samples of the UD Primer Potions in different colors (Original, Sin, Eden and Anti-aging) which is actually a really nice opportunity to experiment with the formula. The amount you are getting is quite generous although I could imagine that because of the packaging, it will dry out before you use it up. I will probably try to load them in a small pot so they can survive until I use them up. A dual-ended brush is also included in your palette, it will work fine for patting on color but I'm missing the blending part, I'm not sure why they decided with to leave it out.


Now about the colors. My main concern about the palette was "Do I really need 12 rose toned shadows in my collection?" You ladies must know by now that most of the time I reach for nude brown shades, plus I also limit using rosy-pinkish shades since they could make your eyes look red. I was more than happy to see that the shadows in the palette are still closer to neutral than to pink, making it perfectly suitable for everyday wear. The quality is exactly what you'd expect from UD, very soft, almost creamy texture with great color payoff. 

Here are the swatches of the 12 shades:

                             
                                     Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick


                            
                               Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart

It's crazy but I've not yet had the chance to try them in action but I'm hoping to create a look with the palette one of these days and I will certainly update you with my experiences. I'm pretty sure though that they will perform amazing, particularly when used along with the UD primer potion.

Overall, I'm really happy that in the end I gave in to the hype and got the palette. My favorite item from the Naked line might still be the original Naked Palette, but this one is a really unique addition with brand new shades. I can totally see myself using it regularly or take it on trips with me. According to the swatches my favorite shade should be Trick, I love the slight peach undertone to it. 

I got mine from Sephora Georgetown DC. It retails for 52 USD. 

So did you get Naked 3?

Petra

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I bought the palette with my own money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment