Wednesday, February 19, 2014

MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick And Lipgloss Review

Hey Lovelies,

The collaboration between MAC and Rihanna has reached another milestone: Rihanna became the face of the Viva Glam program for this year. Purchasing a Viva Glam product is a great way to support a good cause because 100% of the proceeds go toward AIDS research, but they are always stunning anyway and this lipstick and lipgloss are no exception!




The packaging is red rubberish, slightly reminding me of the Nars packaging. The lipstick is a very pretty, slightly warmer frosty red. The MAC website describes it a blue-red but on my complexion it certainly shows up as a more orange, warmer shade. I'm generally not a fan of anything frosty in the lip area but even I can put up with the amount in this lipstick. The formula of the lipstick is very creamy, I didn't find it as drying as other frost lipsticks. 


I originally didn't plan on buying the gloss as well, but it looked so, so pretty that I had to bring it home. I wanted to wear it on top of the lipstick (which of course I can, and I already did) but then I found how awesome it looks with Cherry Lip Liner. I could also imagine the lipgloss looking nice with a pinkish lipliner as well, I believe it's worth a try with Magenta.

Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick


MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipgloss

Did you get any of the new Viva Glam products? Let me know how you like them! :)

Petra


No comments:

Post a Comment