Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February Favorites

Hey Lovelies,

I've been wanting to do a monthly favorites post for a while now but I was always so late with it that I just skipped the idea. But finally I'm on time so I can share my most used products with you.



Lately I've not been into heavy eye makeup, most days I've just used some mascara and maybe an allover shade, but no heavy smokey eyes even for times when I was going out. My foundation routine also changed since my skin got quite dry. Dry skin is common in winter: think about it, you spend most of your time in a heated room, then go out to the freezing street, then back to the heated room and so on. The change of temperate is obviously bad for your skin so you need to go heavier on moisturizer. I've been using my Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream along with the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum lately. I've decided to completely avoid any artificial form of tanning this winter (meaning no tanning salon and no -or barely any- self-tanner) so my shade has dramatically dropped back, from around NC37 to NC25. I've been using a moisturizing foundation on an everyday basis -I love Vitalumiere Aqua Compact from Chanel (my shade is 10 Beige) (1). I also enjoy mixing this foundation with other formulas, I love using it on top of my Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (2). The Chanel foundation on top gives a beautiful finish which can be enhanced even further by using the Guerlain Meteorites to finish (I have them in Teint Beige 02) (3).

Blusherwise, I've basically been just going between two blushers this month. I'm almost ashamed to show you the first one, since it was limited edition by MAC and I don't think you can get this anymore. It came out with the Magnetic Nude collection this January, it's called Fairly Prescious (4). It's an Extra Dimension Skinfinish, which means it's somewhere midway between a cream and powder and it has the most beautiful finish on your skin. It's best applied with a dense synthetic brush, I love the Sigma F84 with it. My other favorite blush is more widely available, it's Douceur by Nars (5). I've had this blush forever in my drawer but I hardly ever reach for it because it simply doesn't show up on my medium complexion. However, now being quite pale, I've rediscovered it and it's absolutely beautiful! It's one of those rare Nars blushers which are not so super pigmented, but I think it's still fairly easy to work with.

My absolute favorite lip products this month have certainly been the MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick (6) and Lip Gloss (7), I became so obsessed with them, I've been wearing them pretty much every day along with Cherry Lip Liner (8). I'm pretty sure I will need to stock up on them since they are available only this year.

I'm really excited since the winter routine is soon over. It's unusually hot here in Hungary for the season. Spring is now really around the corner. :)

What products have you been loving this month? :)

Petra



No comments:

Post a Comment