Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What's In My Make-up Bag?

Hey Lovelies, 

I've been planning on giving you a little insight for what I carry around with me on an everyday basis. You need to know in advance that I always do my make-up at home in the morning, so I don't really have a lot of products with me during the day. I like to keep some concealer and powder with me for touch ups, but I don't have eyeshadow for example. I can't imagine a situation that I start applying eye make-up at a public place. I usually put my current blusher in my make-up bag, but multi-tasking products are even more brilliant, like the Naked Flushed which was in my pouch for this post: it can double as a bronzer, highlighter and blusher. 

Here is my current make-up bag:




As you can see, lately I've been using the Riri <3 MAC Holiday make-up bag, it's so pretty rose gold, I knew I had to have it the moment I first saw it. I find that the shape is really practicable too, it fits easily in any handbag.

Here are the products that I carry inside:


As I mentioned above, I do keep some concealer and foundation in my bag for touch-ups, in this case I've had MAC Mineralize Concealer with me and Bobbi Brown Foundation stick, which is a great choice for on the go. I keep some nude and black liner in my bag, I really like the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Pencils, you can see them on the picture along with the dual-ended Sigma Highlighter Pencil, which is great for inner corner or brow-bone highlighting. I also have a small size Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil with me, eyebrows tend to get messy at some point during the day. I have a sample size of MAC Zoom Lash Mascara, this is for absolute emergencies, if I need to quickly achieve a bit more drama on my eyes. I usually put my current blush and lip color in my bag, but I always have the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Monte Carlo with me, it's basically a tinted lip balm. I also have a Cherry Culture lip balm with me for no make-up days. The Naked Flushed by Urban Decay is a great product for being on the go, you could use it not only on your face but also on the eyes: the bronzer could work in the crease and the highlighter would brighten up your inner corner. I also keep Sexy Mama by TheBalm in  my bag, which is just a translucent finishing powder. I don't like to keep too many tools in my make-up bag, I have here a super old MAC 217, which was in a Christmas brush set 4 or 5 years ago. I also have here the dual-ended brush from the Anastasia Lavish Palette, it's a brush I don't particularly love but it could work to touch up concealer or eyes. A couple of q-tips can do wonders to smudged mascara or eyeliner, I highly recommend keeping a couple of them in your bag. I also have a Real Techniques Setting Brush and an angled face brush from my Sigma traveling brush set here. And last but not least, a hand creme is a must during winter time, recently I've had this one from The Body Shop with me, I like it for daytime because it's very lightweight. 

What do you keep in your make-up bag? :)

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment