Friday, December 27, 2013

Review Of The Rockateur By Benefit

Hey Lovelies, 

I know that the Rockateur has been around for a while, but I was trying to convince myself that I already have way too many blushes, and honestly, can this product be special enough that I need this? I do like the box o'powders that I have in my collection, I own Hoola, Coralista and Bella Bamba. However, I did some shopping recently at the Benefit counter and in the end, I gave it in and got the Rockateur. 

Rockateur by Benefit



The blush fits in the rose gold trend perfectly, it's a rosy pinkish color with a beautiful satiny sheen. I originally believed that it was going to be more shimmery/glittery, which is rather a downside for me, I'm not a fan of shimmer on the cheeks (the very few exceptions are e.g. Orgasm, Deep Throat by Nars). Rockateur has some glittery shimmer on the surface, but it's just sprayed on the product and when it's gone, you will be left with a beautiful blush. It does have a satin sheen on the cheeks, but the is definitely no shimmer in there. I've heard some people describe this product as a highlighter, I think if applied lightly, it could certainly be a highlighter - particularly on deeper skin tones- but I prefer this as a blush. Another option I could imagine is using this along with some matte bronzer. 


On the left: Rockateur swatched 1x, on the right 5x


It has a very fine, almost buttery consistency, it goes on very smooth and you can build up the color if you like. Just like all of the box o'powders, it does have a scent, I can't really compare it to anything but it's sweet and I really like it. About longevity, I'd say that you will need to reapply this blush around midday, but that didn't bother me, particularly because the finish is so, so pretty.

I got mine from the Benefit counter at Douglas in Vienna for 32,95 Euros. At Sephora it retails for 28 USD. 

Me wearing Rockateur

Overall, I'm very happy that I finally got this blush, I can see it becoming one of my go-to cheek looks in the future!

Do you have it already? Let me know in the comments how you like it!

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment