Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Festive Make-up Idea

Hey Lovelies,

Hope you are all having an amazing December! For me this month is absolutely crazy, full of work so I've had very little time to spend on my blog. However, I have a few make-up ideas that I want to share here. For this post, I have used classical christmasy colors, I've created a golden smoky eye. I'm planning on doing a purple smoky eye as well, or if you have any requests that you would like to see, please let me know in the comments.

Here is the look I've created for today:


For my base, I've used a glittery gel liner, Gilt Gourmet Fluidline by MAC. This one was limited edition, it came out with the Indulge collection this autumn. This product, when used as a gel liner is an absolute nightmare, I've tried to work with it a couple times and it was extremely chunky and had horrible fall-out. It still had issues with fall-out when used as a base, but if you do your eyes first, you can remove it and you will be left with a nice, glittery base. If you don't have this particular one, you could use any golden cream shadow as your base. I skipped my winged liner for this look, I wanted to let my falsies do their job (I still did eyeliner of course, I just didn't wing it out this time). I've used my Dolly Wink lashes, which are only available in the Asian market but they are absolutely amazing. (I got mine from ebay) For my eyelid color, I've mixed to shades, both by MAC, Goldmine and Amber Lights. Both my base and Goldmine e/s were on the cooler side and I wanted to give the look some warmth, that's why I mixed Amber Lights in. 

Here is another picture of my make-up:


Products I've used to create this look: 
Eyes: Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base; MAC Gilt Gourmet Fluidline; MAC Eyeshadows in Goldmine, Amber Lights, Wedge, Saddle, Carbon, Blanc Type; MAC Blacktrack Fluidline; Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara; Dolly Wink Lashes in No. 1 Dolly Sweet; MAC Technakohl Liner in Graphblack;  Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash
Face: Benefit The PoreFessional; Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Santa Fe; Benefit Erase Paste in Medium; MAC Prep& Prime Translucent Finishing Powder; Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Make-up Base; MAC Pro Blush in Bright Coral; Nars Miss Liberty Highlighter
Lips: MAC Syrup Lipstick; Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Naked

Earrings: ASOS
Cardigan: All Saints

Do you have any favorite go-to festive make-up looks? Let me know in the comments! :)

Petra


1 comment: