Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hello November!

Hey Lovelies,

So November, my least favorite month of all, is really here, with typical November weather. It's grey, windy and rainy where I live and these are the exact reasons why I hate this month. I wanted to do an October favorites post but I'm kinda late with that, so I figured I would rather write about a few things that I love already in November. My summer tan is really just a distant memory by now, but there is one thing I like about getting paler, and it's Exhibit A by Nars. 


I'm convinced that Exhibit A looks most beautiful on lighter complexions, and I love wearing it with the Chanel lipstick I have on in the picture above. I discovered this combo last winter and this was one of my go-to looks. I like keeping everything matte with this look, I even skipped highlighter and all I have on my eyes is a very natural, matte look (I've used my Naked Basics palette). A lot of chics are afraid of using Exhibit A, because it's sooooo, sooooo pigmented, but if you use a light hand with it, you can create a beautiful, natural flush with it. (I applied it with a MAC 129 brush and softened it with a clean MAC 187)

Nars Exhibit A blusher and Chanel Rouge Allure in Incandescente


Regarding nail polish, I enjoy wearing darker shades at the moment, today I have on China Glaze Short& Sassy, a very dark burgundy color with a brown base. 

China Glaze Short& Sassy

A product that I'm not wearing today but I love so much is the Rich Chocolate palette by Bobbi Brown:


I bought this palette back in September along with the matching shadow stick and they are amaaaaaazing! I believe they were limited edition, but you might still find them in some stores, and I'm pretty sure Nordstrom still has it. These shades are amazing, they cause a lot of pleasure to a neutral-lover girl, like me. 

So how did your make-up routine change lately?

Petra



2 comments:

  1. I NEED that palette! It looks awesome.
    P.S. I just came across your blog and I love it! Keep doing what you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Hope you can get the palette because it's amaaaazing! :)

      Delete