Monday, October 7, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Lipsticks For Fall

Hey Lovelies,

Summer is undisputedly my favorite season. I've been loving the hot days with minimal make-up, my typical go-to look has been barely anything on the eyes, just some waterproof mascara (sometimes with a waterproof liner), basically nothing on my face, just some cream bronzer and a really vibrant lipstick. I love the way orange based reds look with tanned skin! However, with the weather getting cooler and cooler, my make-up routine has changed too. I can generally wear a lot more make-up without sweating it all off haha. I love wearing darker lips in this seasons so I decided that it's time to tell you which my top picks for fall lipsticks are. I wanted to narrow them down to 5, but basically I could've just gone on and on and on with the list. So here are the ones I'm loving most for this fall:

From left to right: Maybelline Vivid Rose, Chanel Rouge Noir, MAC Rebel, Nars Dressed to Kill, Revlon Red Velvet

Revlon Red Velvet, Maybelline Vivid Rose, MAC Rebel, Nars Dressed to Kill, Chanel Rouge Noir in  natural light

Revlon Red Velvet, Maybelline Vivid Rose, MAC Rebel, Nars Dressed to Kill, Chanel Rouge Noir with flash



Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids in Vivid Rose


This lipstick is one of the newest members of my collection but I love it so much already! It's a great match with my eye color, so if you have grayish blue eyes just like me, this color is worth checking. It's very opaque, has a nice, creamy shine to it and the color is a medium-dark pink.

Me wearing Vivid Rose


Chanel Rouge Allure in Rouge Noir


Now this shade is certainly not for the faint hearted! This is probably the most vampy lipstick I own, it's a very very dark burgundy color. Now working with darker shades can be more complicated, they have a tendency to make your lips look thinner so I would certainly recommend using a lipliner with them. The formulation of the Chanel Rouge Allures is probably my favorite lipstick formulation ever, they are very creamy, hydrating and long-lasting. 

Me wearing Rouge Noir (with NYX Deep Purple Lip Liner)


Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet


Red Velvet is a dark, vampy, blue based red with a very light and creamy texture. It's quite moisturizing too as most members of the lip butter family. This shade is a great alternative if you're leaning towards a vampy red but the Chanel alternative is too bold for you.


Me wearing Red Velvet

MAC Lipstick in Rebel


Rebel is one of the most well-known and classical shades for fall/winter. It's a beautiful deep berry color, which looks more purple in the tube than on the lips. For me it's not drying at all and even when the color wears off, I'm left with nice stained lips. 

Me wearing Rebel (with Magenta Lip Liner by MAC)

Nars Satin Lipstick in Dressed to Kill


Nars describes this color as a fuchsia rose with gold shimmer and the fun fact about it is that it originally came out with the spring collection. I fell in love with the color immediately but somehow I didn't find it appropriate for spring at all, particularly with the gold shimmer. But since fall has arrived, I've rediscovered this beauty, it's so pretty without being too much. If you like reds with very strong rosy undertone, you should certainly check this color out!

Me wearing Dressed to Kill


My basic make-up on the pictures: 
Eyes: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly; Louise Young Essential Eye Palette (Ting, Maowi, Black Bear); Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara; Chanel Eyebrow Pencil in Brun Naturel.
Face: MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC37; MAC Prep& Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast; Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla and Honey (mixed); Bare Escentuals Well Rested Eye Brightener; Chanel Creme Blush in Revelation.

So which lipsticks are you loving for fall? :)

Petra





No comments:

Post a Comment